Sunday, March 2, 2008

Work On The Weekends...

... pretty much equals a 16 day week.
The problem is not:


  • the disappearance of all physical activity

  • the lack of proper nutrition

  • the propensity to drink

  • the now mythical social life

  • the unhealthy dependence on caffeine



Instead, it's the never ending stench of work that is around you. You can't carry on a real conversation without drifting your thought back to work. I was making a todo list in the shower. I woke up this morning thinking of different ways to improve what I currently have.

I am not bitching about work. In fact, I quite like it. What I had never expected to experience was the college/university phenomenon known as "bringing work home". Hopefully, this project will have shed a lot of light on work/life balance that I once laughed at.

On a more amusing note, I love New York weather. First, any snow that might fall will melt in less than 4 hours. No matter the severity of the storm. Essentially New York is a giant heater with all the buildings, subways and vehicles. This means that snow is reduced to a rumor. Sure, there is still falling from the sky; but the evidence is largely gone. Unfortunately, this negates one huge advantage of living in an apartment: no shoveling. There is nothing to brag about when the infrastructure takes care of all the snow.

On an unrelated note, I have yet to board this season.

---

Song Of The Moment: Michael Stipe - In the Sun Feat. Chris Martin
Comment: I stumbled upon this while on the interweb. It's so different from the original (which is still awesome), but I find myself playing this a lot more.

No comments: