Friday, February 8, 2008

Work

Work is a funny thing. It's like the saying about women: "Can't live with them, can't live without them"

Work might well be a woman. You don't have a job, you are a bum and it sucks. You have a decent job and it sucks your essence. Maybe it's just me. I think about my job constantly. Is that even healthy? Personally, I'd rather have a job than no job; too much work then no work. Of course, I'm also crazy.

Within work, there are the lulls. The days that never end. The days that don't have enough minutes. The days with too many minutes. The deadlines that come too soon. The projects that go nowhere through no fault of your own. The projects that go nowhere because of you.

That's what makes life, and your career, interesting.

If you like it.

---

Song Of The Moment: The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Comment: Damn UPS commercials. Your music and whiteboard have me rapt at attention. Too bad I don't ship anything.

No comments: