Wednesday, August 15, 2007

NYC: First Post

I have arrived. Sort of.

Physically, I am obviously here. And when I say physically, I literally mean just myself. The furniture, not so much. The rest of the clothes, not so much. The wine opener, still in transit.

The point is, while I have been here for a week, I have not settled in. Owing mostly to the lack of a cell phone and the lack of furniture, the lack of the former prevents me from contacting anything in the city while the latter prevents me from putting damn things away. (The little that I actually brought with me.)

In any case, I am becoming more familiar with the subway; while being very familiar with the art of walking and sweating. The city doesn't operate as fast as everyone says. I think I can keep up.

Not much else to say right now except for the pitiful way I am living while waiting for the furniture to arrive. My bed doubles as my chair. My suitcase doubles as my desk. *sigh* Furniture arrives tomorrow. It can't come sooner.

---

Song Of The Moment: Ciara Feat. 50 Cent - Can't Leave'em Alone
Comment: Finally, a good 50 song.

No comments: