Sunday, August 17, 2008

Misnomer

Random musings:

1) Food Network's Throwdown, we clearly heard them say 'fuck'. Is this a new age in television? 'Fuck' is now okay to say on TV? Is there some sort of rule? Is one boob allowed now? Clearly, there was no memo passed out to me.

2) "Head Over Heels" - Isn't this a misnomer? My head is always over my heels. A little research on the universally (or maybe just socially) recognized authority on languages: Urban Dictionary shows that I am not the first person to have this thought. Just thinking that many songs should go back and fix their lyrics to be, well, correct. At least these guys have it right.

3) Women American beach volleyball players - Branagh/Youngs (one of them) gives the crowd the shush finger in the middle of the first set after an ace. Really? It's the first set! Give me a break! Of course, the Chinese came back to tie the set afterwards. Karma's a bitch, bitches.

---

Song Of The Moment: Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy.
Comment: All time fave? I think so.

No comments: