Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pretty Kind of Sure They Took All Of It

These past few weeks have been a rude awakening in the global world.

This time last year, I found myself seeing only red and white Canadian. Since then, my travels have included Europe and settling in New York. Now, I have since completed my US Federal taxes, NY State taxes, New York City taxes (really?!).

In trolling for information to find what very select, painful group I fit into, I stumbled upon a number of blogs and such of people extolling their own financial goals, dreams and aspirations.

There were many that had their savings goals, debt goals and other financial indicators proudly posted to track progress. If this many people had surely taken the time to plot their financial arc, why is North America (the United States in particular) so vulnerable. Yes, North Americans are tempted by shiny things, but all in all, do we buy that many of them? If so, how are there so many blogs tracking their finances? I'm not even entirely sure of my point here.

Personally, I'm very scared as to what camp I fall into. Am I a big spender or not? It terrifies me to run an expense report on the last 3 months of my life to see, in fact, where all the money has gone.

After doing my taxes, I can't be sure that it hasn't just all gone to the governments of Uncle Sam and Joe Canuck.

I swear, the next one will make more sense

---

Song Of The Moment: John Mayer - Say
Comment: New York Metro recently called John Mayer the artist you'd love to hate, but can't. On a personal level, I remember when Continuum came out and I didn't want to like it. But I did, and I enjoy it probably the most outside of his acoustic album. The same applies for this song: I don't like it now. I'll probably end up loving it. The story of my John Mayer fandom. Always late.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

"pretty kind of sure"